WayTools TextBlade Virtual Hands On Webinar - Q&A - 05/09/2020

***** Update: Webinar YouTube Session

***** Video Topics Shortcuts

All,

When I commit to something I tend to go all in. I said I would be willing to host some on-line sessions to show my TextBlade a few days ago to @usedtobeaninja. Here is the thread to provide all the information so people can begin propagating to others of interest until the sessions on May 9, 2020.

Since the other day, I have learned how to use three different streaming setup Mac applications OBS, ManyCam, and Zoom. I have purchased two lifetime software licenses for ManyCam and purchased a month of Zoom Pro + Webinar addon for the presentations. I have learned how to use my iPhone as a second camera (to focus on TextBlade during presentation), share my iPad screen (for Initial screen, short Slides presentation, and demoing the TextBlade app), use the laptop camera (to show my ugly mug ;), and various scenes for combinations of the latter.

I have done several dry runs to make sure everything looks like it will work. In no way am I saying I am going to not be rough around the edges during the demo and Q&A sessions but my OCD helps me to focus on eliminating as many variables as I can before I get there. It is also always fun to learn something new and I have never done a personal live stream zoom meeting (a lot of work zoom meetings…especially over the past 2 months working from home but nothing for myself with multiple video sources only using USB and hardware I have around).

I created a basic outline of what I wanted to discuss and posted it to the TextBlade Posting section of the TextBlade app to receive approval from WayTools for all topics. Mark reached out to me within hours to discuss and was kind enough to call and chat for an hour and 45 minutes last night. We discussed a lot of things non WayTools related about all that is going on right now in the world. He was very kind asking about the health of my family and took interest in things I have gone through. He was very candid about some experiences with his family. We then did a deep dive into what I wanted to cover and he was open about things I could discuss and put very few boundaries on the outline I provided (all of which I thought were completely in-line with what I was going to go through). He actually is allowing me to show more than I had originally thought I could as it relates to the TextBlade App. I don’t think I can share enough with people the level of admiration I have for anyone at such a high executive level as Mark is in his dealings with future customers and TREG users. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with him over the past 4 years and have always felt heard and validated and have had many in depth and incredibly knowledgable conversations on topics having some connection to supply chains but very insightful and enjoyable… I will get off the idol worshipping bandwagon now. ;^)

Here is the plan:

I have decided to host 3 two hour Zoom Webinars on Saturday, May 9, in an effort to get global timezone coverage. All three sessions will cover the same demo and discussion outline and will differ in Q&A and simple variations due to doing the same thing three times.

All meeting times are US MDT (GMT -6:00) - Broadcasting from Boise Idaho.

Saturday, May 9,

06:00-08:00

14:00-16:00

22:00-00:00

I am hoping that will give everyone around the globe a time that would work. For those who are unable to attend that day, I will be recording each session (with Mark’s approval). I will create a composite video of the best of each demo component from each of the three session (splicing together). I will include a unique list of the Q&A section from all 3 sessions. This video will be posted to Youtube (will send a link when it is up).

Each webinar can have up to 100 participants and I will be using Zoom’s registration process because of the limitation (I don’t really anticipate more than maybe my family and few from here but as many as can attend will of course be welcome.

Please feel free to share the registration links out. If you can, please only register for one of the 3 sessions. Of course if we get close to the beginning of the next session I will post on here how many people are registered and if the count is low you are welcome to spend another 2 hours listening to me ;^0

You can find the invitations in the next three posts. One for each session.

Here is the demo outline before the Q&A:

Topics of Demo

(Trace provided… Mark approved :grin:)

• Brief Summary of topics of discussion
  • Look and Feel
    • Esthetic
    • Wear and tear
    • Charge time and usage
    • Day in the life
  • My TextBlade Accessories
    • My custom board
    • Brief discussion of WayTools accessory for lap use (no visual representation of device)
    • Swiftpoint GT
    • Laptop usage
  • Basic TextBlade Functions
    • Storage
    • Turning on/off
      • Assembly/Disassembly
      • Kinetic WayTools turn on
      • Key Combo turn off
    • Battery level
    • Forced reset of various modules (left/right shift)
    • Bluetooth slots
      • My setup
    • Typing on TextBlade
    • TextBlade Layers
      • Green
      • Edit
      • Select
      • Media
      • App
      • Function
      • Macros
      • Number Lock (discuss not demo)
      • Edit Lock (discuss not demo)
  • TextBlade Setup
    • TextBlade App
      • Overview
      • Features
      • Maps
        • Customization
        • Cloud storage of configuration
      • Jumps
      • Macros
      • Firmware OTA Updates
  • Issues/Resolutions
    • Interactions with WayTools
      • Super positive with generally quick response tim
    • Initial assembly not reading BT slot changes
      • Left-right shift until blink and then change slots
    • Keyboard stops working as normal
      • Left-right shift until blink fixes most
      • Disassembly/Reassembly fixes rest
    • Blue tooth interference
      • Added noise cancellation ferrite rings
    • Sticky Keys
      • Squeeze to snap into place
      • Take apart keycap and clean off debris
  • Q&A

Description on Webinar:

My name is Trace Rogers, and during this 2-hour session, I will demo all aspects of a WayTools TextBlade and have a Q&A in which any participant can ask any pertinent question.

With full permission from WayTools, I will show and demo my TREG TextBlade and its accompanying software. I have been using a TextBlade on a daily basis since being accepted as a WayTools TREG participant in September 2016. I pre-purchased my first, yet to be received, TextBlade on January 13, 2015, at 14:20.

This is the 1st of 3 live zoom sessions covering the same material. The intention is to create a single composite youtube published video of the three sessions including all unique Q&A and the best of each of the demos within the 3 sessions.

For additional information on TextBlade or WayTools please go to http://waytools.com.

6 Likes

WayTools TextBlade Virtual Hands On - Q&A - Session 1 - 05/09/2020 06:00 MDT (GMT-6:00)

Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: May 9, 2020 06:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Topic: WayTools TextBlade Virtual Hands On - Q&A - Session 1 - 05/09/2020 06:00 MDT (GMT-6:00)

Register in advance for this webinar:

Registration Closed

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

WayTools TextBlade Virtual Hands On - Q&A - Session 2 - 05/09/2020 14:00 MDT (GMT-6:00)

Hi there,

When: May 9, 2020 02:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Topic: WayTools TextBlade Virtual Hands On - Q&A - Session 2 - 05/09/2020 14:00 MDT (GMT-6:00)

Registration Closed

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

WayTools TextBlade Virtual Hands On - Q&A - Session 3 - 05/09/2020 22:00 MDT (GMT-6:00)

Hi there,

When: May 9, 2020 10:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Topic: WayTools TextBlade Virtual Hands On - Q&A - Session 3 - 05/09/2020 22:00 MDT (GMT-6:00)

Registration Closed

Would be interested in anything people on the forum would like me to cover in the webinar?

I can assist with the first two sessions, if that is going to be a help to you.

1 Like

If you were avail for the Q&A if there were any questions I couldn’t answer that would be great. Thanks

1 Like

@tlrogers: I must say that it is an amazing effort you are taking on here. Mad props!

3 Likes

I am actually kind of excited to try a new medium and learn and see how it goes. I just found out a conference I am presenting at this year is going virtual and I am going to jump in and help with the implementation of zoom and these sessions will be great learnings for me to train all the moderators for that other conference. Will also help me in my presentation

1 Like

Absolutely this! For one it’s great that you’re volunteering to do this, but Even more that you’re grasping the opportunity to skill-up.

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Session number 2 is underway now.

1 Like

Very awesome to have TREGgers going out of their way to do this. If childcare duties didn’t have me occupied I’d have attended!

2 Likes

Loving it so far!

3 Likes

A YouTube version will be put up soon to view it at a time that works better for you, @JimmySStewart.

1 Like

@tlrogers thanks for investing the time to do this. Much appreciated, really enjoyed the session!

3 Likes

Thanks @bulters. Has been fun to learn all this. Def can improve my presentation skills. Combining a bunch of technology together is actually satisfying.
Here is the setup:

1. Presentation created on iPad Pro Keynote. Airdropped to MacBook Pro. Opened in Keynote OSx saved as HTML. HTML opened in Safari.
  2. iPad Pro 2 Screen mirrored to Mac using QuickTime Player in Record Movie Mode pointing to iPad.
  3. Laptop Camera for my headshot
  4. iPhone On Laptop Stand pointing straight down, running ManyCam iOS app, zoomed to iPhone.
  5. Extra iPad Pro 1 running Duet multi monitor software. It’s screen used as an extra monitor for laptop to show zoom session.
  6. ManyCam software running on MacBook Pro with 9 different scenes created with different combinations of 1-4 above showing
  7. Work Laptop under LapDesk for demo of key sizes
  8. Typed 24 page script for the presentation in Pages on IPad Pro 2 airdropped to MacBookPro with various levels of detail for the presentation.
  9. Easel purchased this week to hold foam poster board behind me for headshot backdrop
  10. Large LED Lantern sitting behind Laptop illuminating my face (brightly unfortunately) for headshot consistent lighting
  11. Articulating desk lamp purchased this week to provide consistent lighing to TextBlade for TextBlade shot
  12. All the peripheral things being shown during presentation.

During Presentation:

1. Scrolling through script
  2. Changing Scenes in ManyCam
  3. Clicking through HTML presentation
  4. Toggling iPad Pro apps for demos and presentation.

Fun coordination but easily worth it.

2 Likes

@tlrogers any chance of posting behind the scenes photos of your setup once this is over?

1 Like

Here ya go @idea2go. I committed to my wife not to shift her things so I used a very tight space with a clutter all around me. The magic of strategic cameras hiding reality ;^)

6 Likes

Super impressive!

1 Like

Thanks so much, @tlrogers, for putting this all together for us unwashed non-treggers. I really enjoyed your presentation, and how comprehensive coverage - well, until my internet failed (rural internet in New Zealand is truly horrible). The Textblade seems to be everything we dreamed it could be and more.

Unfortunately my internet didn’t hang in there long enough for the Q&A session at the end. The only real question I have is one that’s been asked on this forum already many times. You’ve been using it as your daily driver for 2.5+ years: if it can handle that, what do you think can possibly be holding back GR?

2 Likes