Just thought people may want one place to see how people are adjusting to the TB.
My personal suggestion is that each person put up one post, but edit it over time as they test so another person can see the patterns of improvement better.
My testing was done with speedtypingonline
Pre-test with Apple wireless keyboard for 5 minutes:
Raw speed 62 wpm
First real test with TB
20 wpm. I did see it around 30 for a little while. But it was a long test of 5 minutes - I definitely get worse over time! Done with almost no practice. Lots of issues with numbers and especially punctuation that require two keys.
Second test after maybe 30 - 60 minutes of typing total:
Raw speed 49 wpm
I did take out some of the odder punctuation for this one.
Starting with the third test, I changed the time to one minute since in the past on the Apple keyboard that is what I normally used. Besides, its frustrating to take 5 minutes to test each time. But this change also means I do better since my fingers tend to drift out of position over time.
Raw speed 64 wpm
I saw my corrected speed sometimes be close to 70. In prior tests on the Apple keyboard, I never got better than 72, I think. But most were in the 50s to 60s range.
I'm nowhere near that consistent with the TB, but I can see how this may well be faster than a regular keyboard for me, eventually.
As I've mentioned before, a huge problem for me is the angle of the TextBlade. I think more horizontal would help me a lot. My arms and wrists keep turning inward causing me to miss a lot of keys. One thing that has helped is to adjust my chair. It is a pretty versatile task chair. I lowered the arm rests down and that lets me place my elbows on them so it kinda serves as a reminder to keep them further out. Fewer mistakes as a result.
Last night (March 31), almost exactly 3 days after first typing on the TB, I did a test which gave me:
43 wpm at 95.3% accuracy.
Today (April 1), I hit 51 wpm at 97.3% accuracy.
This is not remotely consistent. I'll have streaks that are really bad. It also seems that I'm much more likely on a TB to hit a series of wrong keys in a row, which makes it a bit harder to correct or adjust to where I am in the text. Not sure why.
Still using speedtypingonline because it just suits me better than the other choices, but still not ideal. Main issue is that it marks errors with color, but doesn't show what letter you accidentally typed. It would be useful to know specifically how I made the error.
More from April 1:
50 wpm 98.5%, raw speed 52 wpm
55 wpm 98.6% raw speed 58 wpm
55 wpm 97.6% raw speed 60 wpm
50 wpm 97.8% raw speed 56 wpm
57 wpm 97.5% raw speed 63 wpm
62 wpm 99.1% raw speed 64 wpm
I still get plenty of tests that are much worse, but I'm definitely getting good one more often than before.
wpm.. accuracy.. raw speed April 2
66.. ..99.1.. .. ..68
61.. ..97.1.. .. ..69
61.. ..97.9.. .. ..67
50.. ..96.7.. .. ..54
64.. ..97.5.. .. ..72
67.. ..99.1.. .. ..69
52.. ..96.2.. .. ..63
I've still left out the worse ones, but even those were in the 40s so I'm pleased.
For April 3rd, I am putting up all my tests, good or bad. The first one was almost the first typing of the day. I did spend about a minute typing "this is" over and over because on Dvorak layout, I'll keep getting z instead of s. For some reason, I'll often miss 'I' too. I always need at least a little practice to get my hand position working decently, but I just did a little.
So I'm quite pleased with these results, starting at 42 wpm.
wpm.. accuracy.. raw speed April 3
42.. .. 92.7.. .. ..68
53.. .. 96.0.. .. ..66
54.. .. 97.9.. .. ..58
62.. .. 98.5.. .. ..67