You can definitely type fast on this thing JTrilogy. We had to ask the engineer typing the "Real keys" line to slow up at a few spots for emphasis.
Think you'll be happy to hear this: the news is even better than the 74.5 WPM you quoted.
The precise speed for this clip is 105.5 WPM (even with the intentional pauses) .
Each of the typing scenes in the longer Smarter Keys video is 100+ WPM. Some are quite a bit faster.
Think you're really going to love it JTrilogy.
(Put a little math below in case anyone is interested...)
• For the short 30 second video, the typing clip (where you see the screen) is 7.6 seconds long.
• The footage of typing from a side-view, where you don't see the screen, isn't included (we made that clip longer so folks could take in more of the whole scene. I think you counted this in your estimate, which is part of the difference.)
• "Real keys," is already on the screen, and 67 characters are typed during the scene (inclusive of spaces + return).
• The official WPM standard is 1 word = 5 characters, including spaces and punctuation (but not backspaces or shifts). The reference link you posted is a good one, and it talks about spaces: "Spaces, numbers, letters, and punctuation are all included"
• Number of Words: 67 chars / 5 words/char = 13.4 words
• Minutes: 7.6 sec / 60 sec/min = 0.127 min
• Words Per Minute: 13.4 words / 0.127 min = 105.5 WPM