TextBlade Sense Test

Made a couple short videos of the Sense Test. Been a long time since I used this, but the first test is just hitting characters on the RTFGVB keycap. I hit each one twice and did some varying with how hard I hit.

You’ll probably want to do a lot of pausing to give you a chance to read what is happening.

The first section shows the character (in Qwerty even though I use Dvorak).

The next section is the Signature, which is the force detected. The key actually struck it is marked and, as you will see, will have the highest number. But the surrounding positions will be impacted as well. While I don’t understand how it all works, this can matter in some situations to insure you get the proper result.

Next is the Butterfly Signals which, I assume, is just another measurement of the key overall.

And at the bottom is a running record of each key I hit.

Of course, WT may be able to say more about these things. Heck, I probably was told more about them at first, but there is so much stuff and it was so long ago, I’ve certainly forgotten most of it!

The next one is essentially the same, except instead of methodically - and slowly - hitting each key, this time I’m typing “this is a test” normally. Again, the letters won’t match because the screen shows qwerty.

This, and other tests, give a lot of information, but I believe that any logs we send to WT, at least with their apps to “translate” them are more precise than what I could do here. Those numbers, for example, may well tell them where on the key I hit. Or that may come under another area measuring Touch rather than relative force. I just don’t recall the details.

BTW, those long phone calls that people wonder about involve a lot of walking us through these things and explaining them, since we need to have some understanding of the testing steps.

1 Like