Using Command Arrow as your desktop shortcut, does that mean that Edit layer’s M and Period cause you to change desktops?
I’d suggest following Hiser’s recommendation to alter the shortcut for changing desktops.
In either case, to map to the app layer in the TextBlade app:
1. Scroll to Maps
2. Choose your map (mine is in Custom)
3. Scroll to APP
4. In the keyboard interface, press on the place you’d like your new shortcut to go. I used the single quote, left of return
5. The app will present a scrollable banner on the bottom of the screen.
6. Select the modifier (CTRL)
7. Swipe to get to the arrow images and press the relevant direction (for me, right arrow)
8. Press the on screen key to deselect your new shortcut
8. Apply the map to your TextBlade by pressing the Install button on bottom left
9. Select the jump slots to apply the map to
10. Press Install on top right