Okay, I don't know how far I'll go with this because it is going to take a LOT of work, reading through every post I've made in the TextBlade app, sort out what might be of some interest, and try to just cover the basics of any incidences I found since the end of March 2016. So I might drop it if I feel it is just taking too much time. But here's a start anyway. Might be kinda boring, but it will give you an idea of those early days (this covers the first 35 days though some days have nothing important to include). And also gives an idea of how fast they fixed things once they had logs or other info to study.
The Dvorak standard layout didn't have the forward delete button. I could have edited it myself, but the pre-set version needed fixing.
This was corrected by the next day.
Had a lot of trouble with errors and key repeats, dropping my typing speed from 50 wpm to below 20! This occurred just after exposing the TB for an extended period to a magnetic source without realizing it (the magnetic source was under a piece of cloth). Also was having trouble with a jump which could have been related.
The same day I sent logs to WT and got an update. Almost all of the problems went away and what I still saw could have been unrelated. After all, in these early days, there were plenty of things being found.
One of the things I saw this day was some repeating keys - the logs showed it wasn't because the key was repeatedly sent from the TB. It was a connection issue - a character would be sent, but the connection could be lost between that and the signal to say the key was back up. So the computer just thought it was held down.
BTW, while most of my typing is on the iMac, I do sometimes use it on iOS devices. What I often noticed was I may have a problem on the Mac, but when I'd try it on iOS, I couldn't reproduce it. That would seem to make it seem like the source of at least some problems was the computer device, not the TB. But WT needed to try to find workarounds for these things.
Reported the TB stopped working, though it still had 30% charge. Took apart and reassembled and it worked. Of course, most of us have probably run into computer or smart phone problems where the number one solution is to shut down and restart. So this one didn't bother me much since it was an isolated case.
This is the day I also started getting things like "*&at" instead of " that". As I reported here before, this was a filter timing issue related to the green layer vs space, plus the fact that I use Dvorak which made it far more likely to be found. But at the time we had no idea what was going on. A similar problem was occurring where "th" starting a word may not show up at all. In those cases, because I use dvorak, it was because those were the macro chord keys. I simply was hitting them too close together so they registered as the macro layer rather than the two letters.
New firmware dealt with these issues and on April 6th I reported that I wasn't seeing the problems.
Did have some isolated examples of the the layer problem, but at this point we still hadn't locked down what was actually the prime cause. I finally figured that out on April 8th, which led to a fix.
Got the filter timing fix which made things so much better.
I was having some occasional problems doing a jump. Typically solved by just pressing the jump key combo again, but still, it should be more dependable than that.
Over a few days, I was getting more of these jump issues where, at some point, after jumping nothing would type. At least part of the problem turned out to be a dirty connector. But they thought I might have a hardware issue too that they had found elsewhere. They ended up sending me a new unit and got mine back to examine. I don't know the results of that. The new one was where they did some fixes with insulators.
At this point, I'm actually through May 1st.