Well, I guess it is time for another review.
39 days since the last 1 more day to finish the update. 40 days since the first 1 day announcement (May 31st). Now, we know there was that certificate problem, but that was very recent. And I'm sure things can come up which will change what you include in the update - but since you felt you were within one day of finishing it - twice - what could come up that would multiply that by so much!?
And then we have the other part of the update estimates, going back to June 20, 2018, where it was supposed to be coming in a few days.
So we have a combo problem here - first an extremely long (over a year) delay where it is really hard to justify that one thing after another came up to keep from giving it. And the second being only needing one more day to finish, followed by weeks of further delays.
This isn't about how technical problems can keep happening, preventing GR, no matter how hard you try to stamp them out. It is about an update, which can explain some of those problems as well as anything else you plan to include.
And, as usual, I'll say that if given a choice, I suspect everyone would rather have a partial update which can be added too later, rather than none at all!
I still consider even a confirmation that your statement about having enough assembled parts to cover all pre-orders means that it refers to the actual hardware you intend to ship (thus not counting any older stuff you made) would be really good to hear.
Lot's of other things I'd love to know - like when the new firmware will be sent to treggers (since GR won't happen until after that step anyway).