Issue Resolution

Hi All
Yesterday I had to report an issue with my Blade. It has been in daily service for a couple of years now so when I found that the right hand hot corner of the space blade was no longer responding as expected in Excel I was feeling the pain.
This was reported via the app along with a video sent via email in support of the request for help. Bear in mind I am in the UK here.
At about 20:00 GMT i had a call from WT, I think it was Mark and spent an hour on the phone discussing the symptoms and possible causes. It looks like there is a small bend on the base plate for some reason, probably transport damage.
However, over the phone we re-calibrated the unit and now all is working perfectly again.

THIS IS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Also it shows just how powerful the OTA analytics and support software is.

Well done WT and many thanks, Adrian.

6 Likes

While that is great customer service for you, it would not appear to be a scalable approach unless waytools gets into the cloning business. If one is to believe that one of the main reasons for delay is so that they have the tools in place to provide customer service for large numbers then this would a good time to be working on those support scripts rather than the CEO stepping in.
I think that most people would prioritise general availability over customer service. Pretty much everybody posting on the boards have said that they want a textblade in their hands even if there is no support and they would like a detailed update in the meantime.
I can’t understand this behaviour (i.e. the seemingly strange prioritisation), please can somebody explain it to me.

4 Likes

One of the reasons I posted this was to show that the tech they have in the unit is right there with what it can achieve.

I fully understand the feelings about the delay and the concerns we all have, but there are good reasons I believe for these and hope that when WT come out of the end of their tunnel they can share what has been happening.

However I do think the end game will be worth the pain.

2 Likes

The support tech appears very modular and scalable (my view as one of the testers who uses it to diagnose/report/communicate). When going through the support app you never know who is servicing your tickets and it might even pass from person to person as needed.

In startup phase it’s a good thing for the CEO, CTO or key people to dive in for detail to understand what went wrong and why. That understanding also contributes to scalability because by understanding, they can put in place either support solutions or firmware changes to deal with it on a larger scale (automated?) or to head them problem off before it occurs. Without understanding, they might be hit after GR with a thousand users all contacting them in time consuming ways about the same issue.

In the past I’ve had circumstances where I report a problem, and someone from the company calls. There might be a short amount of time spent actually solving the problem, but then a LONG time on the call with tests to understand what really happened, sometimes discussing the implications and getting an understanding about how it affects the customer, etc, and sometimes even asking for the device back so they can examine closer.

It seems to me that their support infrastructure is very solid. I understand that people are second guessing their plans for when to actually release and scale up but I think those decisions are being made based on other things such as firmware changes, discussed elsewhere.

3 Likes