Apple iPad Pro Smart Keyboard With Trackpad Arriving This Year?

Looks like this is here now.

But the best announcement by far is the new cursor. Until now using a mouse on iPadOS 13 was cumbersome. That just changed overnight. I simply love how the cursor changes from a tap to a text selector or an icon highlighter depending on context. Only thing that’s pesky is the need to click and drag the home bar to bring up the app switcher. I just want to scroll on the home bar to change apps. But that’s easily fixed if you have a multi button mouse like my M720 Triathlon.

@waytools just give me a TREG unit already! I’m wonderfully close to making my iPad Pro a genuine laptop replacement save the odd embedded programming software or multiphysics simulation. I’m already able to take notes, annotate research papers, code Python for my plots and projects with Pythonista/Pyto, make CAD models with Shapr, use Mathematica, make figures with Affinity Designer and check up on my simulations/make quick modifications with Remote Desktop. Just need your super portable keyboard to tie it all together :cry:

Hrishi1379 - the new mouse support in iPadOS is great (finally!)

This just-announced iPad Pro is a bit of a bridge model - adds lidar camera, and 12Z processor to existing design.

The major upgrade is the upcoming shift to microled display, 5G, and 5nm silicon.

That looks like it’ll debut ~ Q4. We’re using our current iPad Pro’s until that one ships.

Apple’s new magic keyboard / trackpad doubles the thickness and weight, and is pricey at $349.

The accessory mimics the old MBP architecture - 1mm travel keys / trackpad in middle of palmrest.

There’s a newer architecture based on TextBlade that we like a lot better for lap use.

5 Likes

Are you looking at coming out with an ipad cover with TB built in (permanently or possibly removeable)?

After GR, of course!

3 Likes

Would this mythical keyboard come out before the Apple’s in May?

You must be new here ;p
The textblade will not be shipping by May 2020, I hope it ships in 2020, but given the posts to date 2021 seems more likely. Of course I am speculating, but this project has a solid history of repeated delays. If anyone has more solid information on a shipping date feel free to correct me ^^

I think I am one of the earliest buyers here. I think I bought this on the second day. I was being flippant. Why even mention a “newer architecture based on TextBlade that we like a lot better for lap use” when the promised update is over a year late?

You would think an update would come especially now when people are worried about their finances.

2 Likes