2021 WayTools: What’s the latest info on updates?

Hey there folks. This is a fresh thread for 2021 in the vein of previous “Waytools: What’s the latest info on updates?” threads.

A place for @waytools to deliver news regarding the textblade for the year 2021. Expect a similarly fresh thread for following years.

4 Likes

Hoping this is the last one :wink:

2 Likes

The fact that the forum is still up is a good sign right?

2 Likes

Haielle yeah! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Please, please, please WT give us some information on progress and expected GR, it is long over due.

3 Likes

It is worth noting, @WayTools , that I’ve been seeing a LOT of posts from customers with descriptions like the one above: “It’s been a while since we’ve seen Patient - their last post was 12 months ago.”

Which I think makes this a particularly good time for that update!!!

6 Likes

I mainly try and avoid the self importance, impatient; often poisonous rhetoric when folk even today still have the option to just take a refund and leave.
That said, we are now sincerely well out of the loop, I think it’s only fair we’d appreciate some decent feedback now. I’ve started to think they’ve re-branded and started a new ‘treg’esque’ elsewhere, forgotten about us initial backers. There is no doubt, feedback needs a serious shove.

4 Likes

Shoot, I missed my 5th WayTools-a-Versary on the 23rd! To be exact 1/23/15.

Better get a calculator.

3 Likes

I would imagine that as WayTools is pushing the envelope on efficiency/performance/battery life/sensitivity, that issues with the silicon would be discovered. (Is it the chip’s fault? Does the chip not conform to the specs? etc.)

As many us are aware, even Intel CPUs have bugs, often reported by customers. The workaround is usually software to avoid those cases. The trick is to do those without giving up too much functionality/performance/battery life.

Pulling a full day of radio work out of a tiny battery, with all the complexity, has got to result in some pretty tricky workarounds.